So teaching kindergarten has a lot of ups and a lot of stress, but here is a kinder-ism that I thought was just hilarious that I had the hardest time not laughing at right when it happened.
One of my students came up to me and said another student was copying her. I told her that she was copying her because she wanted to be just like her. Well this student gave me a confused look and said "she is copying me because she likes me?" I said yep and she went back to her seat. A little while later this same student came up to me and said "she is copying me again, but she is not doing it correctly." I was so close to laughing but what I said was "it is hard to be you and she is doing the best she can." Then she went and sat back in her seat and was content for the rest of the day.
For those of you that haven't heard I'm teaching kindergarten at a charter school here in Arizona. I have 9 students and we have fun every day.
1 comment:
Kinder-isms are great. Keep posting 'em. I wish I'd written about how funny my kids were at that stage, but can't remember the exact stories.
Post a Comment