Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Kinder-isms Continued

So today we did some gardening and I had one little girl who absolutely refused to do anything because she didn't want to get dirty. I told her that if she didn't do anything then she wouldn't get a good grade. Her response was "I want to be a singer not a farmer when I grow up so why do I have to garden?". So I was stuck, but I asked her what if she couldn't buy any food from the store then what would happen? Her reply was "I'll buy it from my friends." Well here I am stuck again, I told her that if she didn't want to participate that was fine, but that she wouldn't get a good grade and she needed to sit by us and watch. Well when we had about 10 minutes left she started digging in the dirt and turning the soil. When I came by she said that she wanted to be a "singer planter" when she grew up. Needless to say she got a grade for working in the garden.

Another little girl after overhearing about being a singer planter, said to me "I want to be a doctor planter" and the 4H teacher said "well you know that there are tree doctors". This little girl looked at the 4H lady with stunned surprise and say "really?! I still want to be a doctor planter not a tree doctor."

1 comment:

Jessica Rodgers said...

kindergarten age is so fun preston is always saying the funniest stuff.