Wednesday, July 1, 2009

June Showers

I know that the saying is April showers, but the showers for us came in June. Not only is the weather here in AZ a little weird, this month for us had been weird, both in a good and bad way. I like to start and end on a good note so I'm going to tell you the good of this month, the bad things, then end with another good thing.




As many of you already know Grandma Elison came to visit. We probably bored her to tears, but we enjoyed having her. We went shopping with Aunt Marie, went out to dinner, saw a movie, and read lots of books. Yup we are officially boring, but that is us.

When I picked up Grandma Elison from the airport, I made a wrong turn, then got into the wrong lane and before I knew it I had hit a median. So the front of the car needed to be fixed and we were out a car. It got towed to a body shop and got fixed, thankfully we have full coverage on the car.

Then we got the car back, it was in wonderful condition. It ran better than before the accident, and it looked brand new! So what happens 4 days later, yes I said 4 days, a teenager decides that the back end needed to be fixed. Yup I got hit by a teenager. The teenager of course says it wasn't his fault and we are currently waiting of the verdict of his insurance to decide liability.

So what good news do I have next? Well we still don't have the car fixed, but it is still drivable, and no one was injured. The officer also told us we needed to get Arizona license plates (we still had Idaho) so we went to the DMV yesterday. Yes the car was still damaged, but we passed the inspection and because of the damage the value of the car was lower than what it should have been. In Arizona the registration fee is based on the value of the vehicle, so instead of paying $300 to register the vehicle, we only had to pay $150.

To top off this month an offer of ours has been accepted. It is in Anthem, AZ (technically phoenix) and it is the one we fell in love with. It is 3 bed 2 bath with a den. It is about 2400 sq ft, and has a large lot that we get to landscape. We are so excited! The closing date is set for Aug. 5th and hopefully this is the one!
This concludes our month of June! Hopefully there are more blessings in July and less bumps.

1 comment:

Pearson Family said...

Congratulations on your new house! I can't wait for the post with more information and photos!